• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

First-Time CEUs Submittal

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I received an email from AAPC that I can submit my CEUs. My CEUs and membership are due in May 2013. This is the first time that I will be submitting my CEUs. If I go ahead and submit my CEUs now, when can I start doing my next batch of CEUs? Do I have to wait until May 2013 to start doing them? Thanks for your help.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CEUs are done on a yearly basis. You get your CEUs turned in for one year and can keep going but they are only good for the year you are in. So your membership is May 2013. Up to that point all CEUs you turn in are used for that year. Now lets say in June you want to turn more in. They have to have been done after May to count for YOUR new year. So your year for CEUs will always end in May and start in June. Even if you have say you need 3 before the end of May and you take a course that gives you 11 CEUs those extra 8 does not move over for the new year. You will just have extra for that year and you start with a new slate in June. Is that confusing?

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
It will a long 2 or 3 month wait before I start my CEUs up again in June.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
CEU Update: I submitted my CEUs for the first time in April 2013. In May 2013, I got an email (and a letter a week later) that I will be audited and all I have to do is send my CEUs that was not part of AAPC. In June 2013, I got an email saying that everything was OK and I started up my CEUs again beginning with the CEUs from the May 2013 webinar. Looking forward to the next couple of years of getting my CEUs.